- Senior business executive (shareholder of his company)
- Age 40 – married with 3 teenage children.
- Profitable business and company funding pensions €20/30k per year.
- Client aware that the next 10 years are crucial to eventual worth of his pension ‘pot’ in retirement.
· 5% shareholding director – so ARF (ownership of pension fund) options available at retirement.
- Several legacy pension benefits from self-employment and previous employments. Looking to consolidate all in one place.
- Very poor experience with fund managers and managed funds in past.
- Very sceptical of costs and charges involved. Wants more transparency of costs and more involvement in the pension investment decisions.
- Set up self-administered trust (SSAP) with independent Pensioneer Trustee.
- Consolidated ALL pervious pension benefits into new SSAP.
- All new contributions will enter SSAP without any charge.
- Happy with Trusted Advisor Group Multi Asset Platform (TAGMAP) and the principles of tactical asset allocation strategy.
- Opted for a Passive investment selection – offering annual fund management charge of c49 basis points.
- Agreed a ‘win’ bonus for Foresthill if average performance of the portfolio exceeds set target levels.
- Much happier with transparency of cost and involvement in pension investment decisions.